Cairn offers a comprehensive collection of French language journals and ebooks collections online. The complete collection contains almost 400 journals and around 4,000 ebooks in the humanities and social sciences, with over 100,000 articles / chapters, which come in full-text format, and the site is updated each time a journal or a book is published for the collections proposed.
The project, supported by the Bibliothèque Nationale de France (French National Library) and the Centre national du livre (National Book Centre), collects an increasing number of major journals in the various fields of the Humanities and social sciences. For each title, the service generally proposes all issues published from the beginning of 2001, without any embargo period.
Cairn main subject areas are:
Economics, Politics, Public affairs, Sociology, Education, Psychology, History, Literature, Linguistic, Philosophy and Geography
You can subscribe to the complete package of almost 400 journals, or to many other sub-collections, for example:
- Humanities and social science package, (all but the psychology journals)
- Economics, social and political sciences package.
- French Studies package, journals in history, literature, philosophy and general interest
- International Edition, a package containing Journals which for the first time have had selected articles translated into English
- Que sais-je?, a prestigious collection of pocket encyclopaedias published since 1941 by the Presses Universitaires de France (PUF), which has sold worldwide more than 160 million copies translated into 43 languages. Subjects, ranging from the Inquisition to rugby, are covered by French experts in each field.
- Repères, a collection of pocket encyclopaedias published by La Découverte, dedicated in particular to social and economic issues.
American Underworld: The Flash Press — a new Readex digital collection • A unique, short-lived and often bawdy form of journalism...
Twentieth-Century Global Perspectives: Announcing Five New Modules for 2018 Nuclear weapons. Global propaganda. World protest movements. America at war....