Since 1896, Classiques Garnier has been publishing literary works from around the world, French and foreign, ancient and modern, in reference editions.
In 2009, Classiques Garnier expanded the scope of its publications to all areas relating to literature and social sciences: editing studies and essays in the leading fields in French and foreign literature, linguistics, history, art, music, law, economics and social sciences.
Classiques Garnier offers academic libraries, public and research centres access to databases, e-book collections and online journals in the fields of literature, the humanities and social sciences. Teachers, academics, researchers, students, pupils and enthusiasts thus have at their disposal tens of thousands of reference works available on every device, in text mode, easily searchable at simple or advanced levels thanks to a full data mark-up and a powerful search engine.
ONLINE BOOKS & JOURNALS
Classiques Garnier offer a full online backlist of reference works (more than 1,160 e-books available). These e-books provides access to all new titles which appear throughout the course of the year as well as unlimited access rights to all texts previously published in that collection (online full archive).
One of the collections offered is the CLASSIQUES JAUNES ONLINE
This exhaustive online collection, of over 635 e-books published, to date, are characterized by the rigorous establishment of the text from the works and a critical apparatus provided by the best specialists.
Each year, ten titles are added to the ‘Classiques Jaunes’ collection, available online for the very first time.
Classiques Jaunes Online is made up of four series: French-speaking Literatures, Global Texts, Medieval Literatures, and Philosophies, which bring together the most significant works and authors in each area.
ONLINE GRAMMARS, DICTIONARIES and ENCYCLOPEDIA
A wide range of resources including the very popular:
• Edmond Huguet – dictionary of the French language of the sixteenth century – The main dictionary for the language of the Renaissance (fifteenth and sixteenth centuries)
• Dictionaries of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries – The founding dictionaries of the French language
• Corpus of dictionaries of the French academy from the seventeenth to the twentieth century – The complete set of dictionaries of the French Academy from the seventeenth to the twentieth century
FRENCH AND FRANCOPHONE LITERATURE
A range of resources from around the world including:
• Great Corpus of French and Francophone literature, from the Middle Ages to the 20th century
• Literature from black Africa
• Corpus of Francophone literature from the Indian Ocean
• The French Library (La Bibliothèque des Lettres)
• The Revolution and the Empire
American Underworld: The Flash Press — a new Readex digital collection • A unique, short-lived and often bawdy form of journalism...
Twentieth-Century Global Perspectives: Announcing Five New Modules for 2018 Nuclear weapons. Global propaganda. World protest movements. America at war....